Have fun – party together – meet new people
But remember: On the worldwide biggest folk festival, sexual harassment and assault is happening. Responsible for this is always and only the offender. The team of “Sichere Wiesn” (“Safe Oktoberfest”) stands up for an enjoyable and carefree visit for every girl and woman at the Oktoberfest.
Have fun, stay save!
Tips for your visit to the Octoberfest
Our campaign “Sichere Wiesn” (A safer Octoberfest) wants all girls and women to be able to enjoy their visit to the Octoberfest and have a good time without any worries.
However, every year women and girls are subjected to cheesy chat-up lines and cases of rape and sexual harassment still occur.
What starts off as a happy and relaxed atmosphere can change into an uncomfortable situation.
Whether you know the offender or not, nobody has the right to harm you in any way. No matter what, do not feel you cannot ask for help, as the responsibility for an assault always lies with the offender. IT’S HOW YOU FEEL THAT MATTERS!
- There are days when up to 600,000 people visit the Octoberfest. It is easy to get lost in the crowd. Therefore it is advisable to agree on a meeting point beforehand
- Handbags and backpacks can get lost or stolen. It is a good idea to carry your money, mobile phone, keys and hotel address on your person.
- If the tents are overcrowded you may not be able to get back in. Therefore it is best to take your personal belongings with you when leaving the tent.
- As Octoberfest beer is particularly strong and is served in one litre beer mugs it is advisable to have a non alcoholic drink and something to eat in between.
- Be aware of drink spiking: you can become incapable of action or even unconscious –cases are seen at Octoberfest every year.
- In the case of emergency: ask others for help. Pick out a specific person in the crowd: “you in the red jumper…!” If you feel threatened, you can always call the police on 110.
- Sexual assault can also happen on your way home, so think about a safe way to get back home/to your hotel.
Whatever happens, we are here to help!
If you suddenly find yourself on your own…
if you don’t know how to find your friends again…
if you don’t know how to get back home…
if you are tired or drunk…
if you feel threatened or unsafe…
if you were harassed, touched or raped…
…then do come to the Security Point.
SECURITY POINT FOR WOMEN AND GIRLS
located below the Bavaria statue in the Service Center (Servicezentrum in German), next to the police and at the same entrance as the Red Cross
daily from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m., additionally, every Saturday from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m.
phone +49 89/ 50 222 366